Find here the Pi2Jamma project.
- native 15 khz video output,
- direct lagless controls
- sound amplifier with volume control
- video amplifier for great colors
- 6 Button Support for each player
- Jamma interface.
No expensive and laggy hdmi, vga, cga adapters, no laggy usb Encoder... Just Pi2Jamma :)
No modifications must be done on your arcade cab like on other solution.
Download link for image
Select in the options a Raspberry Pi 3, SD card and a 32Gb USB Stick Nano.
Pi2Jamma let you play own roms on your arcade cab. Yes, it is fully working with your arcade crt screen. No adapter are needed. This product is plug and play.
Find here a YouTube Review.
Docs and needed Software.
Here is a selection of the supported emulators in our console image:
Features for Pi2Jamma console image:
- Backup solution
- Vonfiguration of Key Setting, Video Settings, resolutions and emulator configs
- Export and import of configuration files
- support of external storage devices
- access via SFTP, SSH und Shell
- custom resolution ie 256:192 Sega Master System NTSC or 240p and other
- Support of horinzontal and vertical screens in cabs and automatic game filtering
- Preview Videos in advmame and snaps in other emulators
- DRS Algorithm for Arcade games. Best matching resolutions will be taken for your choosen game.
- Patch Management System
- Reboot and Shutdown prozedures
- Support of several thousand of games possible.
- very active comunity
- game selection menu was adapted for 15 Khz
- Many themes
Q: Picture ist not completely in the middle of the Arcade CRT.
A: Pi2Jamma is like an original Arcade PCB. Use your Arcade CRT configuration to put the picture in the middle.
Q: Will the games copied from USB Stick to SD Card?
A: No, Games will be started from USB stick.
Q: Which Raspberry should I use?
A: We recommend to use Rabperry Pi 3.
Q: How do I connect the Raspberry Pi to Pi2Jamma?
A: Plug the Raspberry Pi via the plug on the bottom side of the Pi2Jamma.
Q: I'm missing the sound! Is the Pi2Jamma defect?
A: Please connect the Audio Cable.
Q: Ok, I've the image. How can put the image to the Raspberry Pi? I mean it just a file... !
A: Raspberry Pi uses SD Cards. Good start how to use your Raspberry PI is https://www.raspberrypi.org/learning/software-guide/quickstart/
Q : I've seen other Jamma Converter with RPI. What is the advantage of using Pi2Jamma?
A: No power modification on the Jamma Interface inside the cab must be done. No use of extra HDMI Converters and no lag via USB encoders is present.
Q : How can I add games?
A: via USB stick:
step 1 download https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B94vUF_WppY3dUtIM21DZ244VFk/view?usp=sharing
step 2 copy to USB Stick
step 3 copy your roms to corresponding folder.
step 4 plug USB stick to Raspberry Pi, plug Raspberry Pi to Pi2Jamma, plug Pi2Jamma to Jamma harness
step 5 start
The games will not copied to sd card. They will be read from usb stick directly. This reduces fs error of sd card and usb is faster.
Q : How to handle Patches?
A: Copy patch to the USB stick prepared for Pi2Jamma. The USB stick directory structure can be found in the image.
Q: service menu?
Q: Quit game?
Q: I want to adapt the menu and image according my needs. How can I get root acess?
A: Attach a keyboard before startup. Systems boots automatically in root shell. Have fun.
Q : How to connect Buttons 4, 5, 6?
A : Buttons 4, 5 are on Jamma Pin 25, 26. Button 6 is on screw terminal.