PiJamma - Raspberry Pi Arcade and Retro Gaming Interface
Raspberry Pi is very famous especially in the Arcade and Retro Gaming Comunity. Projects like Chameleon, RetroPie or he Adafruit Arcade Controls Tutorial gives nice start and simple starting points for such projects.
Without the old game controller connectors the game fun even don't start. We have developed and produced a printed circuit board to overcome the connector issue. PiJamma offers now various Retro and Arcade game play connectors for the Raspberry Pi
PiJamma Features :
- Raspberry Pi GPIO Interface
- Jamma Interface
- Screw Terminals for Jamma Game controls
- Game Controller Port DSUB 9 pin for Amiga, C64, Atari, etc
- Game controller Port DSUB 15 pin for NeoGeo Controller sticks
- 3 Extra Buttons for controlling the emulators. Ie.Start Player 1, Start Player 2 and Coin for Arcade emulator PiMAME. Or F12 for Vice disc menu.
- Simple 5V plug.
- Extended PSU with Molex Connector for 12V and 5V
- 6 Pin Audio Interface for external amplifiers. Use your line level sound from Raspberry Pi in your bartop or Arcade Cab.
- On and Off Switch with LED
- Audio Chinch Input
How does it work
Signal for game controls will be carried from PiJamma via the GPIO Interface to the Raspberry Pi. Therefore the program "retrogame" from the Adafruit Arcade Controls Tutorial is needed.
Download PiJamma - RetroGaming with Raspberry Pi
Installation Guide PiJamma
Sound Installation Youtube
- PiJamma PCB
- Optional PSU : 5V or 5V, 12V PSU (for Audio Amplifier needed)
- Optional Encosures
- Optional Audio Parts : Mono or Stereo Amplifier with harness